Part-time Director of Development
Concord Art was founded nearly a century ago by Elizabeth Wentworth Roberts, a prominent American Impressionist painter and philanthropist whose original mission stands today: to promote and advance the visual arts and artists, and to enrich and sustain our cultural community through contemporary art exhibitions and education.
Concord Art is seeking an experienced, self-motivated part-time Director of Development who has successfully managed an annual fund program and who has experience as a front line fundraiser. The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director to establish an annual development plan with stated goals. The Director of Development will coordinate staff support to execute all development activities.
The Development Director will also inform the role of the Executive Director, as needed, for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with donors, non-donors and others in the arts community to build strategic philanthropic partnerships to further our creative vision.
- Develop a cultivation, solicitation and stewardship donor strategy, meeting regularly with current and prospective donors
- Manage the gift acknowledgment processes
- Create and produce an Annual Report of Giving each fiscal year
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Board and Board Development Committee to build philanthropic partnerships to support the annual fund and a capital campaign
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date development files, records and systems
- Minimum of five years development experience with annual giving, front line fundraising, and capital campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills to include Neon CRM or other Development Database software and Excel experience
- Strong work ethic and comfort in a small, team-orientated work environment
- A background in Arts and Culture a plus
Salaried position of 25 hours a week
Salary commensurate with experience