MEMBERS JURIED 1: Painting and Sculpture
EXHIBITION DATES: JANUARY 14 – FEBRUARY 14, 2021
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS OPEN: NOVEMBER 20 – DECEMBER 20, 2020
JURIED BY Kirstin Lamb
Kirstin is a painter and independent curator living in Providence, Rhode Island. Her work has been shown in venues across the country and abroad, recently showing in group shows at the Wassaic Project in Amenia, NY, Co-Worker Gallery in Toledo, Ohio, the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA and Providence College Galleries in Providence, RI, among others. Kirstin recently completed a two-year contract curator position at The Yard, Williamsburg, a co-working space in Brooklyn that hosts solo and group shows quarterly. She is currently working on several curatorial projects.
Kirstin holds a Masters Degree in Painting from the Rhode Island School of Design, and a Collegiate Teaching Certificate from the Brown University Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning.
EXHIBITION PRIZE MONEY TOTAL: $1,000
Member’s Juried 1 is open to all current members of Concord Art. Membership must be up to date through the end of the show, February 14, 2021. Accepted Media include painting and sculpture. Work must have been completed within the last three years (no earlier than 2018) and not previously exhibited at Concord Art.
Artists may become members by following the ‘Membership’ link on concordart.org.
Artwork cannot exceed 48” in any direction (including frame/display units). 3D work must be stable. 2D work must be firmly wired for hanging. Please, no saw tooth hangers and no sandwich/clip frames.
- All work must be for sale.
- Concord Art receives 1/3 of the sale price and reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
- Memberships must be active through the duration of the exhibition.
- Image files of the artwork must be labeled as: lastname_firstname_title.jpg/png
- Be sure that images are in .jpg or.png form. Images should be ready for publication, no smaller than 300 dpi and larger than 500×500 pixels.
ONLINE REGISTRATION and ENTRY STEPS:
- Register yourself and pay your entry fees using the provided link.
- Artists may submit up to three pieces at $10 per entry. Fees are not refundable.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email at the email used in registration. In that email there will be an attached link to a Google Forms submission page.
- Upload your images (one image per artwork) and provide the following: Artist Name, Title, Year of Completion, Media, and Sale Price.
- If you cannot submit your artworks via Google Forms due to technical difficulties, you may email your submissions to email@example.com.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Accepted artists will be posted at concordart.org on January 6 After 9PM
If your work is accepted, drop-off dates are January 7 – 9, 2021
DROP-OFF & SHIPPING PROTOCOL
If you need to ship you work, you will be responsible for round-trip shipping & insurance. Concord Art is not responsible for damage or loss during shipping. All shipments must include a prepaid UPS return label. Work sent through the US Postal Service, must include a pre-paid shipping label, USPS stamps will not be accepted.
Packaging materials must be suitable to re-use for return shipping.
If you are dropping off work in person at the gallery, you MUST take your packing materials with you after drop-off. Concord Art will not store your packing materials.
ONLINE ARTIST RECEPTION AND AWARD CEREMONY with Juror, Kirstin Lamb and Concord Art Director, Kate James will be on Zoom, January 14 from 6pm- 7pm
After the close of the show all art sales are paid immediately. Artists will receive 2/3 of the sale price and Concord Art will receive 1/3.
Concord Art carries a blanket policy covering fire, theft and breakage at 100% of the sale price. Concord Art insurance covers the work of an artist during the course of the exhibition only. Concord Art will not assume responsibility for work left after pick-up dates.
please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org