MEMBERS JURIED 2: Collage, Crafts, Drawing, Graphics, Mixed Media, Photography, Printmaking and Video
EXHIBITION DATES: FEBRUARY 25 – MARCH 25, 2021
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS OPEN: JANUARY 9 – FEBRUARY 13, 2021
JURIED BY BEN SLOAT
Born and raised in New York City, Ben earned degrees from UC Berkeley and the SMFA. His work has been shown in venues such as the Havana Biennial (Matanzas), Kunsthal Charlottenborg (Copenhagen), Museum of Fine Arts (Boston), Dublin City Gallery/The Hugh Lane (Dublin), Peabody Essex Museum (Salem), Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (Richmond), and the Queens Museum. Solo exhibitions include those at Das Klohauschen (Munich), Steven Zevitas Gallery (Boston); Coop Gallery (Nashville), Galerie Laroche/Joncas (Montreal), Gallery 126 (Galway), Front Gallery (Oakland), and the American Cultural Center (Taipei).
Ben is the director of the MFA in Visual Arts program at Lesley University in Cambridge, MA.
EXHIBITION PRIZE MONEY TOTAL: $1,000 (Baldwin Prize for Drawing $500)
Member’s Juried 2 is open to all current members of Concord Art. Membership must be up to date through the end of the show, March 25, 2021. Accepted Media include collage, crafts, drawing, graphics, mixed media, photography, printmaking and video. Work must have been completed within the last three years (between 2018 – 2021) and not previously exhibited at Concord Art.
Artists may become members by following the ‘Membership’ link on concordart.org.
Artwork cannot exceed 48” in any direction (including frame/display units). 3D work must be stable. 2D work must be firmly wired for hanging. Videos must include ipad for exhibiting. Please, no saw tooth hangers and no sandwich/clip frames.
- All work must be for sale.
- Concord Art receives 1/3 of the sale price and reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
- Memberships must be active through the duration of the exhibition.
- Image files of the artwork must be labeled as: lastname_firstname_title_media_dimensions.jpg/png
- Be sure that images are in .jpg or.png form. Images should be ready for publication, no smaller than 300 dpi and larger than 500×500 pixels.
ONLINE REGISTRATION and ENTRY STEPS:
- Register yourself and pay your entry fees using the provided link.
- Artists may submit up to three pieces at $10 per entry. Fees are not refundable.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email at the email used in registration. In that email there will be an attached link to a Google Forms submission page.
- Upload your images (one image per artwork) and provide the following: Artist Name, Title, Year of Completion, Media, and Sale Price.
- If you cannot submit your artworks via Google Forms due to technical difficulties, you may email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Accepted artists will be posted at concordart.org on February 17, 2021
If your work is accepted, drop-off dates are February 18 – 20, 2021
DROP-OFF & SHIPPING PROTOCOL
If you need to ship you work, you will be responsible for round-trip shipping & insurance. Concord Art is not responsible for damage or loss during shipping. All shipments must include a prepaid UPS return label. Work sent through the US Postal Service, must include a pre-paid shipping label, USPS stamps will not be accepted.
Packaging materials must be suitable to re-use for return shipping.
If you are dropping off work in person at the gallery, you MUST take your packing materials with you after drop-off. Concord Art will not store your packing materials.
ONLINE ARTIST RECEPTION AND AWARD CEREMONY with Juror and Concord Art Director, Kate James will be on Zoom, February 25, 2021 from 7 – 8pm
After the close of the show all art sales are paid immediately. Artists will receive 2/3 of the sale price and Concord Art will receive 1/3.
Concord Art carries a blanket policy covering fire, theft and breakage at 100% of the sale price. Concord Art insurance covers the work of an artist during the course of the exhibition only. Concord Art will not assume responsibility for work left after pick-up dates.
please email questions to email@example.com