Our instructors are dedicated professional working artists, who are passionate about teaching, as well as sharing techniques and ideas. If you would like to teach at Concord Art, please consider the information listed below.
Teaching proposals may include any and all mediums, however at this time we cannot offer ceramics. New teachers are encouraged to review our course offerings online or in our print catalog and propose classes/workshops that complement or expand upon current offerings. Our sunny, beautiful classroom can fit a maximum of 12 students.
To propose a class or workshop, send the following to Markus Haala, Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course proposals should include:
- Detailed description of class or workshop that addresses: ideas and/or techniques, goals, required materials for students, expected level of experience, and scheduling and time requirements. Please make note of the Concord Art term lengths and class times.
- Cover letter describing your teaching experience, skills and availability.
- Resume outlining teaching experience.
- 3 images of your own work or link to website that features your work.
The schedule for classes and workshops is organized in three terms:
- Winter/Early Spring: January – April (submit proposals by September)
- Summer: May – First two weeks of August (very limited class availability, mostly workshops during summer months, submit by January)
- Fall: September – December (submit proposals by May)
Adult courses and/or workshops run in the mornings, evenings and weekends.