County Mayo, Ireland
Join accomplished artist and painting instructor Kathleen Jacobs, from Concord Art for a painting workshop excursion to County Mayo, Ireland! Your group will have your own personal local Irish guide, Cormac Cullen, based in Westport, Ireland. You will be taken to the beautiful countryside to paint and explore the beauty of this ancient and mythical country. Return to your hotel after painting all day to dine, converse and mingle with fellow artists. We will also have many wonderful evenings listening to Irish musicians in the local pubs. Students of intermediate to advanced levels are welcome, open to all painters using oil, watercolor, acrylic or gouache.
Tour Highlights ~ An Artistic and Cultural Adventure
- The focus will be the art and culture of Western Ireland.
- Nine days with Kathleen Jacobs your artistic instructor and your personal Irish guide, Cormac Cullen.
- Tour limited to 12 passengers.
- Experience Ireland with majority of evenings in one hotel.
- Relaxed & flexible itinerary.
- Impromptu visits with local artists.
- Land cost starting at $3095pp, sign up early for ensuite rooms
Contact: Strabo International Tour Co. to register or for more Information:607-756-8676
Please contact Kathleen Jacobs for additional information or to get information about registering for the trip.
978-369-2578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2-9, 2018
Join us for an inspiring workshop to paint amidst the fall palette in Giverny, France with instructor Marjorie Glick. Our focus will be painting or photographing the beautiful landscape and gardens in and around Giverny. Our days will be spent in the village, on the spacious grounds of the manor house where we’ll stay, and on short trips to nearby villages for a bit of traditional Normandy architecture and scenery.
Each day we will have exclusive early morning and dusk access to paint in the peaceful beauty of Monet’s Garden before opening and after closing to the public. September brings walkways carpeted with nasturtiums and beds bursting with asters, zinnias, sky high dahlias and sunflowers as well as the lingering summer blossoms. The remainder of each day will be spent painting on your own, either from the immediate setting or from sketches or photographs taken during excursions to Monet’s Garden.
Our home for the week will be an “oasis of idyllic calm” — La Reserve. Situated in the hills just above the village of Giverny, this gracious manor house offers en suite rooms with French country authenticity.
- Open to all painting mediums and photography.
- Painting (or photography) is the emphasis of this workshop. While there will be limited visits to nearby villages, this is not presented as a sightseeing trip.
- Limited to 8 participants.
- En suite private rooms at La Reserve, Giverny, France.
- Airfare is not included. Airport transfer will be provided on our schedule only.
- Land cost $3,600 per person.
Please contact Nan Rogers for more information and registration.
978-369-2578 or email email@example.com