Call for Members Gallery
Concord Art’s 2020 Members Gallery Exhibitions
As a member of Concord Art, you have the opportunity to submit to the jury for a solo or joint exhibition in our Members Gallery. All current members are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Deadline for 2020 Submissions is Friday, March 30, 2019
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Resume as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_Resume_2019MG Submission”
- Artist statement as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_Artist Statement_2019 MG Submission”
- 8-12 digital images attached or shared via a Dropbox link.
- Keyed list of submitted images, identifying title, year completed, media and size as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_ImageList_2019_MG Submission”
- All digital images must be saved in JPEG format with a file size not to exceed 3.0 MB.
- Digital images should be resized to that the horizontal or width pixel dimension are at least 1920 pixels.
- All images must be labeled in the format, ““NAME_IMAGE TITLE_2019 MG Submission”
- The following photographers may be available to help you with photographing your work per submission requirements:
Nancy Roberts Photography
Joe Ofria, Photography for the Arts
Our Art Committee meets to review submissions and select member exhibitors. Artists are sometimes requested to partner with other artist(s) for a combined show. Notification will be by email. Artists who have had exhibitions in the Members Gallery, must wait 3 years before applying again.
Conditions for Exhibiting
Installation and de-installation are typically on Sundays and Mondays. Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down their work on the appointed days. Any shipping of artwork is the sole responsibility of the artist. Artists must label (using Avery 8663 or 5663) and price all artwork and the work exhibited must be for sale. Artists work with staff to make patch and paint repairs to the walls.
Concord Art receives a 33% commission on all work sold. Sales tax is applicable to all items and will be collected. Payment will be made to the artists after all sales have been finalized within two weeks of exhibition closing.
Layout and Measurements of Members Gallery
Artist(s) plan, layout and install their own work.
If artist(s) wish to hold a reception, the date and time must be cleared with Concord Art, and be held during normal business hours. All details of the reception and clean-up are the responsibility of the artist(s).
Exhibit Marketing and Public Relations
Members Gallery exhibitions will be featured and archived on Concord Art’s website. Artists are responsible for creating postcards and press releases, if desired. Concord Art’s marketing director, Kathleen Jacobs, is available for guidance and must review all publicity prior to release. Typically, prior to a show, the artist(s) have arranged with the director a show title and reception date. One month before your show, for the exhibit webpage, please send the following to email@example.com:
• exhibit title
• opening reception date and time
• jpegs of the work to be exhibited for the online gallery on the exhibition page, please note image(s) to be featured.
• a brief description i.e. artist statement, quote, website.
• a selection of preferred image for the front slide-show webpage, at least one horizontal image that is 1200 x 550 pixels. This image will be uploaded after the previous member’s gallery show is finished.
• marketing staff will provide relevant press contacts, if needed.
Examples of webpages of other Member Gallery shows can be found here.