Call for Members Gallery
Concord Art’s 2018 Members Gallery Exhibitions
As a member of Concord Center for the Visual Arts, you have the opportunity to have a solo or joint exhibition in our Members Gallery. All current members are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Deadline for 2018 Submissions is Friday, March 24, 2017
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Resume as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_Resume_2018MG Submission”
- Artist statement as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_Artist Statement_2018 MG Submission”
- 8-12 digital images attached or shared via a Dropbox link.
- Keyed list of submitted images, identifying title, year completed, media and size as an attached document or pdf labeled in the format “NAME_ImageList_2018_MG Submission”
- All digital images must be saved in JPEG format with a file size not to exceed 3.0 MB.
- Digital images should be resized to that the horizontal or width pixel dimension are at least 1920 pixels.
- All images must be labeled in the format, ““NAME_IMAGE TITLE_2018 MG Submission”
- The following photographers may be available to help you with photographing your work per submission requirements:
Nancy Roberts Photography
Joe Ofria, Photography for the Arts
Art Committee meets to select member exhibitors. Artists are sometimes requested to partner with other artist(s) for a combined show. Notification will be by email by May 16, 2017. Artists who have had exhibitions in the Members Gallery, must wait 3 years before applying again.
Conditions for Exhibiting
Installation and de-installation are typically on a Sunday. Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down their work on the appointed days. Any shipping of artwork is the sole responsibility of the artist. Artists must label (using Avery 8663 or 5663) and price all artwork and the work exhibited must be for sale.
Concord Art receives a 33% commission on all work sold. Sales tax is applicable to all items and will be collected. Payment will be made to the artists after all sales have been finalized within two weeks of exhibition closing.
Layout and measurements of Members Gallery
If artist(s) wish to hold a reception, the date and time must be cleared with Concord Art, and be held during normal business hours. All details of the reception and clean-up are the responsibility of the artist(s).
Exhibit Marketing and Public Relations
Members Gallery exhibitions will be featured and archived on Concord Art’s website. Artists are responsible for creating postcards and press releases, if desired. Concord Art’s marketing director, Kathleen Jacobs, is available for guidance and must review all publicity prior to release. Typically, prior to a show, the artist(s) will have arranged with the director a show title and reception date. One month before your show, for the exhibit webpage, please send the following to email@example.com:
• exhibit title
• opening reception date and time
• jpegs of the work to be exhibited for the online gallery
• a brief description i.e. artist statement, quote
• a preferred image for the webpage
• marketing staff will provide relevant press contacts, if needed.
Examples of webpages of other Member Gallery shows can be found at here.