The Concord Art Association, on the historic American Mile in Concord, Massachusetts, combines the charm of the past with thoroughly modern art exhibits for a unique setting
for your event - whether for your wedding reception, bridal or baby shower, family reunion or business meeting.
Since its founding in 1917 by American impressionist painter, Elizabeth Wentworth Roberts, the Concord Art Association has been a center for classes, exhibits and programs celebrating the arts in Concord. For many years, it has provided settings for its members and local residents who want a location that is unique for their educational program, wedding reception or meeting.
Several spaces are available:
The Roberts Gallery is 30’ by 40’ on the second floor, with a skylight and hardwood floor. It is available in conjunction with two first-floor galleries (French and Abbott) each measuring 21’ by 20’ with original paneling and fireplaces.
The Loring Coleman Gallery is 24’ by 24’and overlooks
the garden with a waterfall, outdoor sculpture, antique
stone wall and flowering plants in season. It is available during the open hours of the Association* at $60 per hour, subject to availability, and during off-hours at $75 per hour for a two-hour minimum. The room can accommodate 60 people for
a buffet and 50 for a sit-down dinner.
The French and Abbott Galleries, each measuring 21' x 20', plus kitchen, garden and bathrooms, are available for a four-hour rental for $800 during hours that the Art Association is closed to the public.*
Rental of the entire building is $1250 for a four-hour event with two hours each for set-up and clean-up. The building can accommodate 100 people for a buffet, 90 for a sit-down dinner, or 150 for a reception and is available during closed hours.*
Amenities included in your rental fee:
- Spacious, efficient, catering kitchen featuring new appliances including range, microwave and large refrigerator
- Newly landscaped garden featuring outdoor sculptures, waterfall and stone wall.
- Handicapped accessibility throughout building, including kitchen and bathroom.
- Screen, dvd projector and podium
- 80 chairs and 15 rectangular tables
- CAA personnel on site during your rental
- All caterers must be licensed, carry general liability insurance and if alcoholic beverages are served, must hold liquor liability insurance. All trash from the function, including bottles, must be removed promptly.
On street parking is limited. Parking behind the Middlesex Bank on Main Street is available about five blocks away. There are two handicap spaces in the CAA driveway.
- Amplified music is not permitted in the garden area, nor music after 11 pm
due to the residential nature of the area.
- Smoking is allowed only in the garden area
- A non-refundable deposit of 1/3 the total cost is required to reserve a date,
with the remainder due on the day of the event. An additional $100 refundable
security deposit is required.
Tuesdays through Saturdays 10:00am to 4:30pm and Sundays 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
Rental contract (pdf)